Comprehensive Eye Exams
Keep seeing and looking your best by having your eyes checked annually. Most eye diseases do not have symptoms to warn you of a problem because there are no pain receptors inside the eyes. This is why it is important to have your eyes examined every year to detect eye health problems before they impair your vision.
Most of what you do is dependent on your eyes: Sports, computer work, school, studying, working, reading, driving a car, shopping, balance, hobbies, watching TV or movies, your energy level, and even just walking around.
Benefits and Reasons for eye exams:
- Detect and treat eye diseases before they harm your vision
- Update prescription or determine if there is a need for one
- Clear vision improves productivity and decreases fatigue for work and school
- Good vision helps you do better at school and sports
- Clear vision affects your depth perception and speed of reaction time for safe driving
- Proper visual skills such as tracking and eye teaming affect how accurately and efficiently you read and process information
- People look at your eyes in conversation. The appearance of your eyes is important for how you look and is an indicator of your general health.
Our comprehensive eye exam includes:
- Determination of glasses prescription. Determination of task specific prescriptions such as for computer distance, sports, night driving, video monitors for editing, photography, painting, etc.
- Neurological screening (since 80% of the brain is related to visual function)
- Eye health exam for diseases such as glaucoma, macular degeneration, cataracts, dry eyes, environmental sensitivities and allergies
- Dilation of pupils to examine retina as indicated
- Examine for health problems that are visible in the eyes, such as high blood pressure, diabetes and high cholesterol, allergies, stress, and autoimmune diseases.
- Blood pressure screening since high blood pressure is fairly common and often goes undetected
- Eye pressure screening for glaucoma
- Educate patients on lens and prescription options followed by custom lens design by our highly trained opticians